启动经济援助程序，提交 免费申请联邦学生资助 (FAFSA). You will also need to complete your application for admission to MBU.
你通过提交FAFSA申请联邦学生贷款. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you must complete two additional documents on http://studentaid.政府.
You’ll be reminded about the federal 贷款 you’ve borrowed with a required 年度学生贷款确认.
其他贷款选择, 有时被称为私人贷款, can supplement the other forms of aid a student generally receives. 虽然我们不能向学生推荐一个特定的贷款人, we do maintain a historical list of loan companies that our students have used in recent years. 我们的贷款人名单可通过以下链接访问: MBU替代贷款机构
You would only be applying for this loan if you are the parent of a dependent student. 如果是这样的话, you want to apply for additional funds to be applied to your student’s account through the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan program, 签署 联邦学生贷款网站 with your own FSA ID, look for the Parent PLUS Loan request.
Some things to keep in mind when you are deciding how much student loan funds to use:
- The amount of other financial aid you for which you are eligible
- Your expected graduation date and your future borrowing needs to get you through to graduation
- The loan origination fee charged by the 政府ernment before they send the funds to the school
FAFSA，或者 免费申请联邦学生资助, is the form the federal 政府ernment uses to determine your eligibility for financial assistance. Types of aid determined by the FAFSA include 奖助金, work study, 奖学金 and 贷款.
首先需要创建 联邦学生援助ID (FSA ID) and your parent will need one, too, if you are a dependent student. The FSA ID is your electronic signature to sign your FAFSA and student loan documents, is also how you 签署 federal student aid websites that keeps your personal information secure.
- Your Social Security Number (can be found on your Social Security card)
- W-2 Forms from two years prior and other records of any money earned
- Your (and/or your parents’) Federal Income Tax Return from two years prior — IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 国外纳税申报单, 或波多黎各的纳税申报单, 关岛, 美属萨摩亚, 美国.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated State of Micronesia
deferred pension and savings plans, tax exempt interest and child support
- Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study or other need-based work
- 任何补助金记录, 奖学金, fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents’ adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm
- 证明你是美国公民的文件.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen, if applicable
补贴和补贴的区别 & 未受资助的贷款?
联邦直接无补贴贷款 starts to accrue interest after the first disbursement is made and continues to accrue interest during the life of the loan. 你可以选择在校期间偿还贷款, but are not required to make any interest payments while in school. 任何未付的利息将被资本化, 或者加上贷款本金余额, 何时开始还款.
We understand you may never have heard the words “disbursement” or “sequestration” before. Click here for a quick reference guide to find the meaning of some financial aid-specific terms.
The federal Department of Education selects up to half of all FAFSA submissions for a review called Verification. The simply means they are requiring the schools you listed on your FAFSA to confirm the information you entered on the form. 因此, we may have to ask for information and documentation from you and your parent(s) – if you are dependent student – such as statements and copies of tax returns. This is NOT a tax audit, it doesn’t mean you did anything wrong. 如果我们发现有什么需要更新的, 我们将简单地, 或者在某些情况下要求你做, 任何需要的更正.
所有即将入学的大学生都应该提交FAFSA. 在生产部, we request that you file a FAFSA so that we know you want (or need) financial assistance (奖学金, 奖助金, 贷款, 等.). 这是机构援助的初步申请, 州和联邦补助金以及联邦工作学习, 也是获得联邦学生贷款的先决条件.
联邦助学金免费申请表 historically becomes available every year on October 1. However, the 2024-2025 FAFSA will become available on December 1st since the format will be changing. 优先期限, or the date that the FAFSA must be completed to be considered for all Missouri state 奖助金, 2月1日.